Thursday, January 31, 2008

Illness-A Good Test For Living The Secret

Apologies...Where Did the Time Go?

I can't beleive it's been almost a month since my last blog. With a very ill spouse coming home from a 2-week hospital stay, the month of January went by with what seemed to be no time to do very much including blogging- something I do enjoy. Maintaining a full-time job and nursing a spouse through a long term recovery has been exhaustive both emotionally and physically. Thank goodness I was able to embrace and live The Secret at this time.

This certainly did raise a number of questions ...How do you live The Secret when burdened with illness - your own or someone close to you ? How do you keep yourself in the right place and feeling good despite what is actually happening? For me it meant focusing on what was going right- focusing on every bit of improvement, appreciating that my husband was out of the hospital and out of danger, being thankful for all those friends and family who were their for us and how wonderful they were... It meant acknowledging the fear, anxiety, the 'sinking' feeling of not being able to fix the situation (its called powerlessness) and the exhaustion. Finally it meant 'letting go' and replacing these thoughts and feelings with all the good things mentioned above; that is sifting through what is to find the positive and never losing sight of what you want. I knew I had a choice and I deliberately chose it- hard work- yes... but it does work. Joanne

No comments: