Saturday, February 9, 2008

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose - A Must Read !

Thank you Oprah for choosing this bookfor your book club selection. I am currently reading it and only wish I had more time to get through it even faster. It is an awakening experience for its readers. It reinforces the importance of living now and connecting to the higher you to find joy.

Here is a wonderful review from Amazon of the book that I feel reflects its message:
"We are clearly living in an insane world. As Eckhart says, we killed 100 million members of our own species just in the 20th century; we are busy destroying the ability of the planet we live on to support human life; murder, rape and hate blare at us every night from the TV; the government pays farmers not to grow food while children starve to death. There is only one problem and there is only one solution for that problem and Eckhart has more lucidly presented this than any author I have ever read. The answers we crave CANNOT be found through thought. They can only be found in the stillness, in the present moment. What matters is this: will we take this message and use it in our own lives? Or not? There is all kinds of evidence that species of animals and plants have suddenly taken a quantum leap up the evolutionary ladder. There is a 'critical mass' that is reached when enough members of a species adopt a new way of being. At that point, the rest of the biological group is brought along and the numbers required to bring this about aren't really that high. There is no doubt that we humans are on a course that will ultimately end in our extinction if there are not fundamental changes. The solution lies in each one of us taking responsibility for our own consciousness. We have countless opportunities every day to practice living in the Now, just as Eckhart teaches. When I don't want to cook dinner, or wash the dishes, or weed the garden, or mop the floor, I can resentfully do these activities - or I can use them as opportunities to practice. My life is filled with increasing bliss and ecstasy. I constantly focus on JOY, just as he teaches. Instead of grumbling, I seek the joy in every mundane chore and, just as he says, the power of spirit flows into what I am doing. Of the billions of people on this planet, only a relative handful of us will have the privilege of reading Eckhart Tolle's two awesome books. If you 'grok' what he is saying, then practice, practice, practice. If enough of us evolve spiritually, one of these days we will all evolve into beings that we can't even imagine right now. This is the greatest contribution we can ever make. Personally, I have been reading spiritual books for 30+ years. I knew even as a small child that something fundamental was missing in my life, but I couldn't seek it because I didn't know what to look for. Now my heart is now full and I am at peace most of the time - and when I'm not, I know what the problem is and I know how to restore the peace. I am living in a heaven on earth! Thank you, Eckhart Tolle. "

No comments: